After the overwhelming success and positive feedback of our XDP Diesel Power Plus year round formula fuel additive we began work on a winter blend. The result of our hard work and testing is XDP Polar-D. This powerful fuel treatment increases overall system performance in cold weather conditions. XDP Polar-D prevents waxing and gelling while enhancing lubricity quality.
- Contains Lubricity Additives
- Prevents Waxing and Gelling
- Increases Cetane Number
- Absorbs Free and Emulsified Water
- Cleans Injection System
- Contains No Alcohol
- Exceeds B.O.C.L.E. Standards
- For All Diesel Engines
XDP Polar-D is a cold weather treatment that allows the use of number two diesel fuel year round. It prevents fuel problems related to winter operations, such as gelling and freeze up. The winter problems are addressed by using wax modifiers that prevent the formation of ice crystals, thus preventing filter plugging.
It contains water-converting agents preventing free or emulsified water from freezing, and therefore addresses fuel system freeze up.
XDP Polar-D is enhanced with cetane to improve cold starting capacity and to restore power levels found in good number two diesel fuel.
- Add prior to filling fuel tank to assure proper mixing.
- Treats as follows to lower the Cold Filter Plug Point (CFPP). This could be as high as 10 degree F - 15 degree F depending on fuel quality.
- 1 oz. added to 8 Gallons lowers CFPP by at least 10 degree F
- 2 oz. added to 8 Gallons lowers CFPP by at least 20 degree F
- 5 percent Cetane Increase
What is Cetane?
Generally, diesel engines run well with a Cetane Number (CN) from 40 to 55. Fuels with a higher cetane number which have shorter ignition delays provide more time for the fuel combustion process to be completed. Hence, higher speed diesels operate more effectively with higher cetane number fuels. The national CN average is 45.